Your Time is Valued!
Plum Creek is excited to offer Pacesetter times for the first hour and a half (1.5 hours) of tee times each morning. Plan your day and enjoy a brisk pace of play at 3:55.
To ensure that every golfer has an enjoyable experience the remainder of the day we have implemented a course pace of 4:20 for 18 holes of golf. It is expected that each nine holes take 2:05 allowing time at the turn to use the facilities.
In order to maintain pace; the following best practices should be followed:
- Play your tees: â€œtee it forwardâ€ While we once tested the best golfers in the world; Plum Creek is a FUN and FAST golf course from the appropriate tees
- Play Ready Golf (tee to green): When a player is at their ball or on the tee box and is ready to play, they should play. Take no more than 30 seconds to hit your shot.
- Be cart smart: Drop off your partner and drive to your ball. When you leave the cart, take three clubs, not one. Park the cart in relation to the next hole.
- Use rules with discretion: Golf should be fun and enjoyable. Donâ€™t spend more than three minutes to look for balls and take relief.
- Keep Moving: Proceed quickly to your ball and be ready when it’s your turn to hit.
- If attempting to â€œGo For the Greenâ€: Please allow shorter hitters to play first
- If players in the group are playing different tees: Have all player get to â€œtheirâ€ tee and play ready golf.
- See it, read it, putt it, tap it in: While others are putting, prepare for your putt. Go to the next tee.
- Be a Pacesetter: Be aware of your surroundings and diligent in your efforts to keep pace with the group in front of you.
- Be accountable: Recognize that slow play isn’t just other players’ fault.
Most of all be prepared, ready to play and please remember: your position should be directly behind the group in front of youâ€¦..not in front of the group behind you.
To assist you around the golf course Plum Creek has established the following guidelines and will manage the Courseâ€™s pace using the following guidelines:
- Starter will brief you on your pace time before your begin your round
- Player Assistants will be on the course to monitor and assist groups that have fallen off of pace
- Pace Cards will be displayed on your golf cart along with a clock for your reference.
- Pace Clocks will be placed on the 4th, 8th, 12th, and 16th tee to mark your time in relation to your starting time.
Should a group lose position for the first time:
The Player Assistant will have a polite conversation with the group to inform them that theyâ€™re out of position. This is a friendly chat, allowing the group the opportunity to get back into position within a reasonable amount of time.
Should aÂ group remain out of position a second time:
The Player Assistant will remind the group that they are out of position. The group will be asked to make every effort to regain position on their own. This group will also be informed that if they remain out of position it will be necessary to let other groups play through or possibly re-positioned on the course (skipping a hole or more).
Should a group remain out of position a third time time:
As the group has had multiple opportunities to regain position; the 3rd conversation will result in one of the following requests:
- Allowing following groups to play through
- Skip holes necessary to regain position
- Offer a â€œrain checkâ€ voucher for a different day to play.
We appreciate your support for this program. Plum Creek is commitment to an enjoyable and dependable golf experience. You can play your part by simply maintaining contact with group in front of you at all times.
Have a great day on the course and thank you for choosing Plum Creek!